qpid-users mailing list archives

From m.luc...@smartasking.com
Subject Messaging Flow Design in Qpid
Date Wed, 02 May 2012 17:42:08 GMT

Hi All,

Thanks for all your help with the selector questions that I had last week.  We are conducting
more tests to see if Qpid is the solution for our architecture but we have some doubts...Our
flow requires that exchanges subscribe to exchanges and queues in turn subscribe to multiple
exchanges.

1) Is it possible to bind Exchanges to Exchanges?  I have seen some posts giving an emphatic
NO: ([http://qpid.2158936.n2.nabble.com/how-to-bind-exchange-to-exchange-like-bind-exchange-to-queue-in-the-same-broker-td6385448.html]
http://qpid.2158936.n2.nabble.com/how-to-bind-exchange-to-exchange-like-bind-exchange-to-queue-in-the-same-broker-td6385448.html)

2) The x-binding syntax , that I have encountered, for binding a queue to multiple exchanges
seems a little convoluted and the last time I asked you guys for help I discovered wonderful
new simplified classes and methods :).  Is the following example the best practice for creating
multiple bindings?

x-bindings:[{queue:MYQUEUE,exchange:'FIRST_EXCHANGE',key: 'binding1', arguments:{'x-match':any,'a':'10'}},
{ queue:MYQUEUE ,exchange:'SECOND_EXCHANGE',key: 'binding2', arguments: {'x-match':any,'a':'10'}}]

If so I would need to persist the "binding keys" (binding1, binding2) in order to remove the
bindings later.

thanks for all your help,
Matthew