qpid-users mailing list archives

From Zhemzhitsky Sergey <Sergey_Zhemzhit...@troika.ru>
Subject RE: Erlang client for Qpid C++ Broker
Date Tue, 29 May 2012 09:09:31 GMT
Hi Rajith,

I cannot find any erlang stuff under http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/qpid/proton/trunk/proton-c/.
Moreover c++ broker does not support ampq 1.0 at the moment.

Best Regards,
Sergey

-----Original Message-----
From: Rajith Attapattu [mailto:rajith77@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, May 28, 2012 9:42 PM
To: users@qpid.apache.org
Subject: Re: Erlang client for Qpid C++ Broker

Erlang does not have a swig binding.
Your bet best is to do an Erlang driver. But AFIK drivers can only be in C.
Therefore you might have to get a C wrapper around the C++

Even if you get all that going, the difference in the programming paradigms (functional vs
oo) might prevent you from getting the best out of erlang and it's capabilities.

A more longer term solution is to probably look at using the proton-c stuff (written using
C and is AMQP 1.0), where you can get an erlang driver for the AMQP protocol stuff.
And then build an API using the idioms that are more suitable for a functional language and
erlang.
This approach IMO is more suited for getting a more a useful erlang client which can be properly
exploited in an erlang env.

Rajith