qpid-users mailing list archives

From Cajus Pollmeier <ca...@naasa.net>
Subject What exactly does LinkClosed mean?
Date Fri, 13 Apr 2012 07:27:19 GMT
Hi,

I'm using the python-qpid package to do some messaging. Sometime -
especially after some time of inactivity, the exception "LinkClosed" is
raised when sending a message:

   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/qpid/messaging/endpoints.py",
line 836, in send
     self._ecwait(lambda: self.linked)
   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/qpid/messaging/endpoints.py",
line 51, in _ecwait
     self.check_closed()
   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/qpid/messaging/endpoints.py",
line 793, in check_closed
     raise LinkClosed()

Reading the source I'm not quite sure what that means - is the sender
connection down? Or is the receiver bored of dealing with the sender?

What would be the correct way to deal with that?

Thanks,
Cajus