qpid-users mailing list archives

From Jakub Scholz <ja...@scholz.cz>
Subject Re: Selective message acknowledgment in Java client (and C++ broker)?
Date Fri, 13 Apr 2012 07:55:47 GMT
Hi Rajith,

I was playing with the JMS selectors last week. While they do work and
really select the messages based on the filter, it seemed to me that
it switched off the acknowledgments completely. The Java application
was getting only the selected messages, but I was unable to
acknowledge them and they stayed in the queues. This may be OK in some
situations, but in my case I wanted to get the messages really
acknowledged and removed from the queues on the broker.

Then I considered to try the same trick as Pavel did - read all
messages and filter them manually. But unlike in the C++ API, I didn't
found any methods for acknowledging specific message as well as for
releasing or rejecting a message.

Regards
Jakub