qpid-users mailing list archives

From Robbie Gemmell <robbie.gemm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Selective message acknowledgment in Java client (and C++ broker)?
Date Sat, 14 Apr 2012 15:44:16 GMT
You probably want to try the 0.16 RCs or trunk if you are interested
in using the client-side selector support (available when connecting
to AMQP 0-10 brokers) of the Java client, as several related changes
were made to that area since Qpid 0.14 (in order to improve
efficiency/correctness when connecting to the Java broker).

Although the Java broker performs server-side selection, the clients
AMQP 0-10 support was originally only used with the C++ broker which
currently does not. As a result the client was previously still
enabling its own selection support when connected to the Java broker
using AMQP 0-10, which made it incurr unecessary overheads as a
result. When addressing this by making the client able to disable the
client-side selection when connected to the Java broker, the
implementation in this area was cleaned up in general and multiple
defects with the client-side selection support were addressed in the
process. These likely play right into what you have observed
previously, so its worth testing with an up to date client version if
you havent already. If you still have issues when you do, raise a JIRA
and attach your reproducer.

0.16 RC2:
http://people.apache.org/~jross/qpid-0.16-rc2/

Trunk nightly client build: