qpid-users mailing list archives

From Rob Godfrey <rob.j.godf...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Is it possible to run qpid-0.14 c++ broker with lower 0-9 amqp specification?
Date Thu, 26 Apr 2012 09:01:40 GMT
On 26 April 2012 10:55, Zhihua Che <zhihua.che@gmail.com> wrote:
> 在 2012年4月26日 下午4:26,Rob Godfrey <rob.j.godfrey@gmail.com> 写道:
>> The documentation is a little out of date.
>>
>> The C++ Broker only support version 0-10 of the protocol, with support
>> for AMQP 1.0 coming soon.
>>
>> The Java Broker supports versions 0-8, 0-9, 0-9-1 and 0-10 with
>> support for AMQP 1.0 coming soon (you can check out the latest code
>> from svn to get initial AMQP 1.0 support).
>>
>> Why do you need to use AMQP 0-9?
>
> It's because our previous code use amqp 0-9 :-(

Fair enough :-)

The Qpid/Java broker should be able to work with your previous code
then... and if you wish to move to 0-10 in time, the broker is capable
of receiving messages in 0-9 and sending them out in 0-10 (or vice
versa) so you can mix clients between the older and more recent
versions of the protocol.

-- Rob