qpid-users mailing list archives

From Paul Colby <p...@colby.id.au>
Subject Re: Does the qpid-cluster command support SSL?
Date Fri, 13 Apr 2012 01:31:44 GMT
Ah ok.  I was thinking that since there were so many references to SSL /
TLS in the python code, that it probably was supported, but needed to be
switched on explicitly somehow (such as via an amps:ssl:host url) since the
Py code doesn't understand the NSS environment variables.

I also thought that QPID-3175 may have been limited to the desire to use an
explicit SSL client certificate (ie for client SSL authentication), not for
Py SSL in general.

Thanks for clearing it up for me :)

It would have been great if there was some official statement somewhere in
docs stating the official level of SSL support in the Py tools, but
assuming they're expected to work properly in 0.16, there's probably no
need for that now.

Thanks again,

pc
----