qpid-users mailing list archives

From Todd Herman <t...@apx-labs.com>
Subject RE: turn on logging in qpid c++ client
Date Mon, 16 Apr 2012 12:29:51 GMT
I am using Windows and don't know what "export" is.  I did, however, already setup the log
enable environment variable and that didn't seem to do anything.  Does anyone have any other
suggestions?

Todd Herman
Senior Software Engineer

APX Labs
2350 Corporate Park Drive, Ste. 510 | Herndon, VA 20171
m: 703-489-8761 | www.apx-labs.com | @APXLabs

-----Original Message-----
From: Gordon Sim [mailto:gsim@redhat.com]
Sent: Monday, April 16, 2012 4:09 AM
To: users@qpid.apache.org
Subject: Re: turn on logging in qpid c++ client

On 04/16/2012 03:26 AM, Todd Herman wrote:
> I have a service that I wrote in C#.  It is using the dotnet binding for the c++ qpid
client.  I have logging in my application that logs what is going on.  Ion the conneciton
object, I have turned on AutoReconnect.  When my code tries to connect but can't, my code
appears to hang.  The issue is that the connection is trying to reconnect but I have no indication
of this because I don't seem to have a way to be notified of this if AutoReconnect is on.

> Previously my code was not a service but just a console application.  When it ran that
way I actuall saw log messages written to the console that were coming from the qpid library
itself.  I didn't do anything to turn those on.  I am not sure why I can't see those messages
now but I need to either see those internal log messages or have some way to know that the
conenction failed and is being retried.

You can configure the logging with the QPID_LOG_ENABLE environment variable. E.g. export QPID_LOG_ENABLE=info+