qpid-users mailing list archives

From Todd Herman <t...@apx-labs.com>
Subject Issue executing code on different machine
Date Fri, 13 Apr 2012 14:54:36 GMT
I compiled the latest version of the c++ qpid client/broker (from the repository).  I compiled
it as a release version, not debug.  I then compiled the dotnet binding (org.apache.qpid.messaging.dll)
also as release.  Everything works great and my code, using that dll, runs fine on the development
machine.  For the record, I am compiling everything in Visual Studio 2010.

Now, I move my code (and all required files) to a different machine.  When the code tries
to use the org.apache.qpid.messaging.dll my application crashes and I see this in the event
log:

Activation context generation failed for "C:\Programming\APX-LABS SVN\Pvision_Server\com.apx-labs.components.Windshear\bin\Debug\org.apache.qpid.messaging.dll".
Dependent Assembly Microsoft.VC90.DebugCRT,processorArchitecture="x86",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",type="win32",version="9.0.21022.8"
could not be found. Please use sxstrace.exe for detailed diagnosis.

Why is code compiled in VS 2010 as a release (not debug) using an older debug MSVC file?
Any suggestions on what I can do to overcome this?

Todd Herman
Senior Software Engineer

APX Labs
2350 Corporate Park Drive, Ste. 510 | Herndon, VA 20171
m: 703-489-8761 | www.apx-labs.com<http://www.apx-labs.com/> | @APXLabs