qpid-users mailing list archives

From Pavel Moravec <pmora...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Creation of Request and Response quese
Date Thu, 19 Apr 2012 06:50:21 GMT
Hi Sumi,
it is enough to set reply-to in the message request and have a subscriber of that response
queue. See attached C++ example program (its purpose is to send a QMF query to get some queue
details and requesting to get the response to the given queue).

So the key commands are:

//create a receiver of the response queue; I recommend having there "{create:always, delete:always}"
part to automatically create it now and delete it once the receiver is closed
Receiver r = session.createReceiver(<response-queue>);

//in the request message m, set reply-to
m.setReplyTo(Address(r.getName()));

(sending the request message)

//fetch / receive the response, wait for it at most 3 seconds
m = r.fetch(3 * Duration::SECOND);

To ensure unique and exclusive access to the response queue, it makes sense to have the queue
named with some uuid (i.e. use uuid_generate method in C++) and to use exclusive queue (to
grant the only access to the queue only for this subscriber).

Kind regards,
Pavel