qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Reduce Sender traffic
Date Wed, 18 Apr 2012 14:41:33 GMT
On 04/18/2012 11:19 AM, Bruno Matos wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a sender that publishes about 10MB of messages per second for
> different topics. Only about 1% of that traffic is delivered because
> only about 1% of the topics are bound at a time. Is it possible, or
> would it be desirable, that the sender only effectively send the
> messages for witch there is a bound queue?

I can see a couple of approaches that could work to limit the sending of
unwanted data.

One is to subscribe to QMF event messages to detect binding and
unbinding at the sender, and deduce from that whether it is worth
sending anything.

The other is to have the receivers explicitly send control messages
themselves indicating when they want and when they no longer need
particular data sets.

Of course a lot depends on the nature of the data.