qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: turn on logging in qpid c++ client
Date Mon, 16 Apr 2012 08:08:45 GMT
On 04/16/2012 03:26 AM, Todd Herman wrote:
> I have a service that I wrote in C#.  It is using the dotnet binding for the c++ qpid
client.  I have logging in my application that logs what is going on.  Ion the conneciton
object, I have turned on AutoReconnect.  When my code tries to connect but can't, my code
appears to hang.  The issue is that the connection is trying to reconnect but I have no indication
of this because I don't seem to have a way to be notified of this if AutoReconnect is on.

> Previously my code was not a service but just a console application.  When it ran that
way I actuall saw log messages written to the console that were coming from the qpid library
itself.  I didn't do anything to turn those on.  I am not sure why I can't see those messages
now but I need to either see those internal log messages or have some way to know that the
conenction failed and is being retried.

You can configure the logging with the QPID_LOG_ENABLE environment
variable. E.g. export QPID_LOG_ENABLE=info+