qpid-users mailing list archives

From Fraser Adams <fraser.ad...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Info requires on some fairly obscure QMF Management Object properties
Date Thu, 05 Apr 2012 07:57:53 GMT
Hi All,
Most of the properties for most of the Management Objects are fairly
self-explanatory, but there are a few that leave me scratching my head
so I'd appreciate some info:

Broker:
stagingThreshold (description says Broker stages messages over this size
to disk, but what does this really mean and what happens if no
persistence store is specified?)

Also on Broker why is there a specific "connect" method when other
objects are created using the "create" method? that seems slightly
inconsistent, is there a reason or is it just one of those
historic/evolutionary development things - I know "create" really only
started to become useful from version 0.10

Agent:
Although the properties have descriptions it's not clear to me what they
actually relate to, for example what is a "systemId" and how would one
use it? what are broker/agent Banks?

Subscription:
name - well obviously it's the name, but I can't see any mechanism for
setting this, in JMS it seems to simply be a number, is there actually a
point to this property?

acknowledged - this is a property not a statistic and seems to get set
on creation, but what's an acknowledged subscription? Is this related to
reliable versus unreliable links so for example if I was to check this
on a default federated connection acknowledged would be set false?

creditMode - what do WINDOW and CREDIT mean, I've no idea how these
would be set (in JMS or qpid::messaging at least)

arguments - what arguments would relate to a Subscription? As far as I
was aware Subscriptions are created "under the hood" when consumer
destinations are created and are associated with the queues so I'm
curious about the arguments (I understand Queue arguments and Binding
arguments just not Subscription arguments).

Connection:
incoming - leaves me baffled, surely all connections to a broker are
incoming??

userProxyAuth - what circumstances would cause this to be set?

remoteProcessName - this is quite useful, unfortunately though Java
Clients just say "Qpid Java Client" which is fair enough as that's the
process name, is there a way to set a different value on a Java Client
as it would be quite useful to be able to see this from the connection.

shadow - what's a shadow connection? Is it something to do with clustering?

Session:
name - as with Subscription is there any point to this, it seems to be a
UUID but I can't see what it would be used for, the connectionRef is
more useful.

detachedLifespan/attached - so what to attached/detached mean in the
context of Session.

framesOutstanding and clientCredit at face value would seem useful but
how would I use them for diagnosing problems?

Cheers,
Frase