qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Memory leak in Message reciever C++
Date Wed, 04 Apr 2012 11:27:04 GMT
On 04/04/2012 11:40 AM, sunny wrote:
> Hi,
> I am using qpid c++ 0.6 broker and client libraries. I'm running the
> examples provided with qpid release. when i send 10000 messages each of
> approx 200 kb the memory consumption of listener increases.
>
> I am running examples present in the folder qpidc-0.6/examples/direct.
> I am monitoring the memory usage of listener program using the top command,
> initially it is 0.2%, then it went to 1.2 after running direct_producer for
> 4 times(around 40000 messages).
>
> I observed the same thing in qpid 0.14 release. Here i ran examples present
> in examples qpidc-0.14/examples/old_api/direct.
>
> Please provide some insight is this really a memory leak?

Does the memory grow continually as you send batches of messages?

I suspect it is not a leak. The default settings as used in that example
do not set any limit on the number of messages the server can send out
at any one time. You can alter that with something like the attached
patch, and that would provide more control on the growth of memory
during a burst of traffic.