qpid-users mailing list archives

From Fraser Adams <fraser.ad...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: Default queues on qpid c++ broker
Date Tue, 03 Apr 2012 09:16:22 GMT
Hi All,
The queues that you are seeing are not "default" rather they are created
when a QMF Console is constructed.

All of the qpid tools use QMF (currently they use QMF v1) to retrieve
management information from the broker.

The command line tools create an instance of QMF Console, do their thing
then exit. With things like qpid-config, qpid-stat, qpid-queue-stats
they report all queues including ones that they themselves create via
their QMF Console.

The detail of this may be found here if you are interested
https://cwiki.apache.org/qpid/qmf-protocol.html

Incidentally qpid-queue-stats is probably more useful than qpid-stat for
getting queue information, one gotcha with qpid-stat is that is presents
"prettified" number forms e.g. M for mega G for Giga etc. as face value
this seems nice but with large values of queue depth any useful
precision is lost so it's impossible to tell if a queue depth has
changed :-)

With qpid-queue-stats the full depth value is displayed it also displays
enqueue and dequeue rates, which is generally useful.

Of relevance to your original query it's also possible to provide a
regex filter as a parameter to qpid-queue-stats to limit the display to
relevant queues.

Regards,
Frase