qpid-users mailing list archives

From m.luc...@smartasking.com
Subject Re: Duplating Messages
Date Wed, 25 Apr 2012 13:41:29 GMT

Hi All,

The issue we (I am working with Luiz) are trying to solve is that we need a durable queue
subscribed to  a topic exchange.  We are calling this the UserQueue.  This queue needs to
be read concurrently by the same human user connecting with multiple "devices" (web client,
Android, desktop).  These devices must receive all of the messages on the queue.

Currently we are using RabbitMQ and it is not possible to have two devices connected concurrently
to the same queue that receive all of the messages.

Round robin is not an option as we need all connected devices to receive all of the messages
at the same time.

Using temporary queues to subscribe to the exchange is not an option as we need to receive
messages that were published when the  human user was not logged on with any device.

Here's our idea;

TopicExchange -> UserQueue (durable) <-- Multiple Concurrent Users (receive all messages)

We are looking at using browse to enable this functionality. Does this seem doable?

thanks for all your help,
Matthew

-----Original Message-----
From: "Alan Conway" <aconway@redhat.com>
Sent: Wednesday, April 25, 2012 9:14am
To: users@qpid.apache.org
Cc: "Luiz Gustavo Pozzo" <lgppozzo@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Duplating Messages

On 04/25/2012 08:45 AM, Luiz Gustavo Pozzo wrote:

> Thanks for answering,
> My problem is, I should have the same user logged in 2 differents devices (ex: pc and
smartphone), in this case I want to make sure he receives the same message in both devices,
but in the moment he take some action over this message I have to remove it from queue. Woking
with only one kill for the same user seems like the easier way

Another option is to use a "fanout" exchange. Each receiver binds a private
queue to the exchange and your sender sends messages to the exchange. A fanout
exchange sends each message it receives to all of the queues bound to it.

>> Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2012 09:00:32 +0100
>> From: gsim@redhat.com
>> To: users@qpid.apache.org
>> Subject: Re: Duplating Messages
>>
>> On 04/24/2012 06:09 PM, Luiz Gustavo Pozzo wrote:
>>> Is there a way to have multiple clients connected to a queue and all of them
receive all the messages from this queue?