qpid-users mailing list archives

From techguy911 <techguy...@gmail.com>
Subject Best Practices for C++ API
Date Thu, 19 Apr 2012 15:47:39 GMT
I have read that the preferred API to use for C++ is messaging (not client).
The client API has all the good stuff for creating exchanges, queues,
binding queues, setting queue options, and async message reception.  I want
to stay as compliant as possible with the AMQP 0.10 and 1.0 standards for
future compatibility.

What is the best way to approach a new project where I have to:
* programatically create exchanges, queues, set queue options, bind, etc
* send and receive messages (async or callback preferred)
* stay compliant with AMQP standards (Communicate with different brokers and
publisher/subscribers)
* Use an API this is not going away or is going to be standardized in the
future

With some searching, I found some new things happening with the client API,
there's some new namespaces called qpid::client::Session_0_10:: and other
0_10 items.  Is this the beginnings of a standardized API?  Does that mean
using the client API is a good choice?