qpid-users mailing list archives

From Bruno Matos <bruno.ma...@paradigmaxis.pt>
Subject Re: Reduce Sender traffic
Date Thu, 19 Apr 2012 14:08:27 GMT
Hi Pavel,

Thanks for the reply.

I'm using C++ broker with C++ clients.

Here is an example of what I'm trying to say:
I have a publisher that will send message #1 to news.weather and message
#2 to news.economy. If I only have one client and this client is only
listening news.weather, sending #2 would not be necessary.
This is what's happening but multiplied by thousands, so my sender is
occupying 10MB/s of my network, but 99% of the messages will be
discarded because no one is listening.

Best regards,
Bruno

On Wed, 2012-04-18 at 06:54 -0400, Pavel Moravec wrote:
> Hi Bruno,
> what broker (C++ / Java) and client (C++ / Java / Python / ..) are you using?
>
> Generally, I would recommend creating more AMQP sessions where messages to potentially
blocked queues are sent on one session, time to time synchronize those sessions and use producer
flow control that would block sender from sending messages to a queue occupied by 80% (default
value) or more.

> Kind regards,
> Pavel

Bruno Matos