qpid-users mailing list archives

From Cajus Pollmeier <ca...@naasa.net>
Subject Re: What exactly does LinkClosed mean?
Date Tue, 17 Apr 2012 09:22:28 GMT
Am 17.04.2012 10:07, schrieb Gordon Sim:
> On 04/17/2012 08:40 AM, Cajus Pollmeier wrote:

>>> Is there anything in the broker logs? Any error messages in
>>> particular?
>>
>> Nothing more than the stacktrace above. I can't find any hints in
>> the
>> qpidd.log. Currently waiting to get the error again to have the
>> exact
>> time where it happens.
>>
>>> Does your application have multiple threads accessing the sender?
>>
>> Yes, it has. Sadly the problem only occurs after a day or more.
>
> Is it possible that one thread is closing the sender while another is
> still in send()?

I'm about 98% sure that this is not the case. There's a pool of senders
that are shared between the threads. If one is closed it's removed from
the pool, so no one else is getting the closed sender. In the moment it
looks like some kind of timeout issue, because it only happens if an
open sender has not been used for some time.

Does an open sender stay open all the time if the underlying connection
is configured with reconnect=True?

Well. Anyway - I'm inspecting the remaining 2% to be really sure that
there's no stupid "close bug" on my side.