qpid-users mailing list archives

From Zhihua Che <zhihua....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Building Error] cannot find boost_program_option/boost_filesystem
Date Fri, 30 Mar 2012 15:32:16 GMT
Hi, Pervez
Thanks for your patience. I guess I find a solution:-)

Previously, I added LDFLAGS=-L<build-dir>/src/.libs, not <src-dir>/src/.libs.
.libs is generated during building, it's where built libraries are outputed.

The following is my solution. Wish It would help others.

I apply the attchment patch and export LDFLAGS=-L<build-dir>/src/.libs.
This patch solve the link problem which complains "cannot find
libboost_program_options etc.
export LDFLAGS solve the "make install" problem.

The patch is originated from Cajus Pollmeier. Thanks for his work.
And this one is applicable to qpid higher than 0.14

在 2012年3月30日 下午10:25,Pervez, Salman <Salman.Pervez@citadelgroup.com> 写道:
> Hi Zhihua, can you please post your build commands including configure and make? I am
curious how you chose to build this and it might help solve the problem.

> When you say LDFLAGS=-L<build-dir>/src/.libs to "make install", do you really mean
LDFLAGS=-L<source-dir>/src/.libs to "make install"? There is no .libs dir in my build
directory that I could find. Perhaps linking with the actual build dir might help, I'm not
sure.

> But ideally make install should just find stuff. So maybe the problem is with something
you might have done earlier?

> Salman

and also may be covered by the Electronic Communications Privacy Act. This message is not
intended to be used by, and should not be relied upon in any way, by any third party.  If
you are not an intended recipient, please inform the sender of the transmission error and
contents. Citadel makes no assurances that this e-mail and any attachments are free of viruses
and other harmful code.