qpid-users mailing list archives

From "Davide Anastasia" <Davide.Anasta...@qualitycapital.com>
Subject RE: Update message content
Date Fri, 02 Mar 2012 15:14:16 GMT
Hi Jakub,
Thanks a lot for your help: it really helped me a lot. However, I
couldn't find a way to filter messages using their subject. For
instance, I created my queue with the name "ticker" and then I sent
messages using routing_key like "instr1", "instr2", and so on.
Unfortunately, on the receiver side I still receive all the messages.

Best,
Davide

-----Original Message-----
From: Jakub Scholz [mailto:jakub@scholz.cz]
Sent: 29 February 2012 10:55
To: users@qpid.apache.org
Subject: Re: Update message content

Hi,

I think the last value queues may be helpful for you. It doesn't change
the message content, but it overwrites the older messages with new
messages in the queue based on a configured key. We are using it for
quite a similar scenario - distribution of some prices, where only the
last value for given financial product is important.

You may want to have a look at
http://qpid.apache.org/books/0.14/AMQP-Messaging-Broker-CPP-Book/html/ch
01s06.html,
where the LVQ functionality is described.

Regards
Jakub

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org