qpid-users mailing list archives

From Todd Herman <t...@apx-labs.com>
Subject RE: How to receive specific response
Date Mon, 12 Mar 2012 16:21:51 GMT
The whole filtering thing is what I am trying to figure out.  I just can't add or alter the
queues in anyway because I have no authority to do so.  I will have to experiment a little.
 Thanks.

Todd

-----Original Message-----
From: Steve Huston [mailto:shuston@riverace.com]
Sent: Monday, March 12, 2012 10:59 AM
To: users@qpid.apache.org
Subject: RE: How to receive specific response

Hi Todd,

I suggest finding a way to filter the messages into queues private to each receiver so you
don't need to fetch, examine, release each one.

That said, you can qpid::messaging::session::release() a message if you don't want it - the
broker will redeliver it. I'm not completely sure if it may redelivered to the same client,
but it's worth a try.

To keep the message, acknowledge it.

-Steve

the
> messages on the queue because only certain ones will be for me.  I
> can't have the messages not for me being deleted because I read them.
>
> Any thoughts?

C# so I am
> using the .net bindings for the c++ client.  I need to retrieve a
specific
> message from a queue.  Basically, multiple clients will watch a
> certain
queue
> for responses but they each only want there (based on the correlation
id)
> message.  It looks like you can do this with the Java client because
> CreateConsumer allows you to provide a "message selector", which I
assume
> allows you to filter the messages to just the one you want.
>
> So, how do I do the equivalent when using the c++ (and .net binding)
client?