qpid-users mailing list archives

From Todd Herman <t...@apx-labs.com>
Subject FW: How to receive specific response
Date Mon, 12 Mar 2012 14:20:34 GMT
I send this question out earlier but didn't get any response so I figured I would send it again.
 The main thing I am trying to see is how to read a message from a queue without it being
automatically deleted.  I have no control over how the queue was created.  I need to be able
to check all the messages on the queue because only certain ones will be for me.  I can't
have the messages not for me being deleted because I read them.

Any thoughts?

From: Todd Herman [mailto:todd@apx-labs.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 08, 2012 11:48 AM
To: users@qpid.apache.org
Subject: How to receive specific response

I am using the Qpid C++ client.  Well, technically I am writing this in C# so I am using the
.net bindings for the c++ client.  I need to retrieve a specific message from a queue.  Basically,
multiple clients will watch a certain queue for responses but they each only want there (based
on the correlation id) message.  It looks like you can do this with the Java client because
CreateConsumer allows you to provide a "message selector", which I assume allows you to filter
the messages to just the one you want.

So, how do I do the equivalent when using the c++ (and .net binding) client?  I could grab
each message and check the correlation id but won't doing that remove it from the queue?
I need to make sure I don't remove the wrong one from the queue.