qpid-users mailing list archives

From Todd Herman <t...@apx-labs.com>
Subject RE: Troubles building c++ Qpid 0.12
Date Thu, 01 Mar 2012 15:47:41 GMT
Thanks for the response.  I am attempting to setup an environment similar to my customers so
I can develop something for them.  They are using version 0.12 which is why I was trying to
use it.  Do you have any idea if there are huge differences between 0.16 and 0.12 that will
cause me issues.  Meaning, if I go ahead and use version 0.16 and build my code to target
that server, should it still work against the 0.12 server?  Also, will it possibly work if
I install Visual Studio 2008 and build against it instead of 2010.

Todd Herman
Senior Software Engineer

APX Labs
2350 Corporate Park Drive, Ste. 510 | Herndon, VA 20171
m: 703-489-8761 | www.apx-labs.com | @APXLabs

-----Original Message-----
From: Steve Huston [mailto:shuston@riverace.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 01, 2012 10:43 AM
To: users@qpid.apache.org
Subject: RE: Troubles building c++ Qpid 0.12

Hi Todd,

Qpid 0.12 did not have proper support for Visual Studio 2010. The forthcoming 0.16 does. I
recommend you check out a copy of the current source tree (see http://qpid.apache.org/source_repository.html)
and work with that until 0.16 is released. I have been able to build the current source with
Visual Studio 2010 on Windows 7. If you run into problems, please check back here.

-Steve

I had
> lots of problems with boost.  I finally got it all to build.  The
projects and
> solution opened fine but now the project won't actually build.  I had
over 300
> errors.  I had to comment out some lines in the integer types header
file that
> was conflicting with stdint.h (I think that was the file) and I got
> the
errors
> down to 160.
>
> I am on a Windows 7 machine and using Visual Studio 2010.  Does anyone
> have the projects built (ready for compilation) in a similar
> environment
that I

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org