qpid-users mailing list archives

From "Pervez, Salman" <Salman.Per...@citadelgroup.com>
Subject RE: [Building Error] cannot find boost_program_option/boost_filesystem
Date Fri, 30 Mar 2012 14:25:50 GMT
Hi Zhihua, can you please post your build commands including configure and make? I am curious
how you chose to build this and it might help solve the problem.

When you say LDFLAGS=-L<build-dir>/src/.libs to "make install", do you really mean LDFLAGS=-L<source-dir>/src/.libs
to "make install"? There is no .libs dir in my build directory that I could find. Perhaps
linking with the actual build dir might help, I'm not sure.

But ideally make install should just find stuff. So maybe the problem is with something you
might have done earlier?

Salman

-----Original Message-----
From: Zhihua Che [mailto:zhihua.che@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, March 30, 2012 3:41 AM
To: users@qpid.apache.org
Subject: Re: [Building Error] cannot find boost_program_option/boost_filesystem

Thanks for your reply.

I guess I've solved this problem and I also meet that typical link
problem and address it using that fix-explicit-link-problem.patch:-)
and finally make succeeded.

But I'm struggling with "make install":-)
which complains can't find -lqpidbroker. I'm sure qpidbroker is built
and stored in src/.libs, and it still fails even if I add
LDFLAGS=-L<build-dir>/src/.libs to "make install" command line.

this is what I get.

/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lqpidbroker
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
libtool: install: error: relink `ha.la' with the above command before
installing it

在 2012年3月29日 下午10:13,Pervez, Salman <Salman.Pervez@citadelgroup.com> 写道:
> What specific error do you get?
>
> You can try adding <path-to-boost-lib-dir> to your LDFLAGS.
>
> LDFLAGS="-L<path>" ...
>
> You can also try adding the flags -lboost_system and -lboost_filesystem to your CXXFLAGS.
>
> It will work eventually. :)
>
> Salman

and also may be covered by the Electronic Communications Privacy Act. This message is not
intended to be used by, and should not be relied upon in any way, by any third party.  If
you are not an intended recipient, please inform the sender of the transmission error and
contents. Citadel makes no assurances that this e-mail and any attachments are free of viruses
and other harmful code.