qpid-users mailing list archives

From Fraser Adams <fraser.ad...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: QMF Tutorial
Date Fri, 16 Mar 2012 18:32:31 GMT
Hi Davide,
I'm afraid that I don't quite understand what you're trying to achieve -
you might have to spell it out :-(

One thing I forgot to add, if you look in the source tree in
qpid/specs/management-schema.xml that will tell you all of the
properties available for all of the broker management objects.

The connection logger program that I pointed you at just might be able
to give you some pointers, what that does is to list information about
all connections, but it's quite a bit more tricksy than that. I was
interested in identifying whether connections were producers or
consumers. That's actually quite hard....

What I did was to get the connection, session and subscription objects
and for each connection work out how many sessions and for each session
work out how many subscriptions - it's hard because sessions are
associated with connections not the other way around and subscriptions
are associated with sessions. It's logical because of the multiplicity,
if it the associations were done the *convenient* way there would be a
1..* multiplicity but the way it has been implemented in QMF it's a 1..1
multiplicity.

Anyway as my connections know the associated subscriptions I can find
the queue reference and from that find bindings - the "-q" option in my
program displays the queues, bindings and exchanges associated with a
connection kind of like a fancy qpid-config -b queues.

At a guess by "log connections of components owning to a certain
"family" " you might be meaning log connections associated with a
specific subset of bindings - if so you should be able to cannibalise my
connection logger quite easily to do this.

Hope this makes sense and points you in the right direction.
Best regards,
Frase