qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: qpid management tools for windows
Date Mon, 12 Mar 2012 15:40:13 GMT
On 03/12/2012 03:19 PM, Steve Huston wrote:
> Right, it's a pain unless you have the whole source tree checked out. The
> tools depend on having the amqp spec files available. I'd like to get this
> worked out for the next installer.
>
> Do you have the whole qpid source tree locally?

You shouldn't need that. There are separate downloads for qpid-tools
plus for qmf and the python client on which it depends (assuming we are
talking of the same tools here), and in combination those have all that
is needed.

They all use distutils and the setup.y script lists a 'bdist_wininst'
command which sounds liks it might be useful (I haven't actually tried
that). On linux I usually just use the install command with whatever
install prefix I want.