qpid-users mailing list archives

From "Steve Huston" <shus...@riverace.com>
Subject RE: How to receive specific response
Date Mon, 12 Mar 2012 14:59:29 GMT
Hi Todd,

I suggest finding a way to filter the messages into queues private to each
receiver so you don't need to fetch, examine, release each one.

That said, you can qpid::messaging::session::release() a message if you
don't want it - the broker will redeliver it. I'm not completely sure if
it may redelivered to the same client, but it's worth a try.

To keep the message, acknowledge it.

-Steve

C# so I am
> using the .net bindings for the c++ client.  I need to retrieve a
specific
> message from a queue.  Basically, multiple clients will watch a certain
queue
> for responses but they each only want there (based on the correlation
id)
> message.  It looks like you can do this with the Java client because
> CreateConsumer allows you to provide a "message selector", which I
assume
> allows you to filter the messages to just the one you want.
>
> So, how do I do the equivalent when using the c++ (and .net binding)
client?