qpid-users mailing list archives

From Robbie Gemmell <robbie.gemm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JMS Client usage - best practices?
Date Wed, 08 Feb 2012 21:36:31 GMT
I noticed the mention of a 256 Session restriction. The client doesnt
actually have any limit except that of the underlying protocol (which
allows for up to 2^16 Sessions), but the default configuration of the
Java broker happens to set the negotiated channel limit at 256 so I
would guess that means it is being used here? The 256 value is
configurable on the broker if need be, although attention isnt really
drawn to that as there are few use cases in which it would seem to be
expected or desirable to have that many sessions on a single
connection (congratulations Suman, you are actually the first person
to have mentioned running into that since it was put in place :) ) so
as Weston wonders, what is the use case?

Robbie

On 8 February 2012 20:28, Weston M. Price <wprice@redhat.com> wrote:
> Hi Suman,
>        It's a good question. Currently the JMS client does not provide connection
pooling outside of an application server. This is something we are looking at for future releases.
Currently you have the option of using the Qpid JCA adapter that provides for JEE integration
that allows for both Connection and Session pooling. Out of curiosity, why do you need 256+
sessions simultaneously?