qpid-users mailing list archives

From Todd Herman <t...@apx-labs.com>
Subject RE: Help with .net Qpid client
Date Mon, 27 Feb 2012 17:11:36 GMT
Thanks.  I must have missed the .Net Binding portion.  I didn't see it on the main pages.

I just dug through the repository and found a "dotnet" folder under trunk/qpid/cpp/bindings/dotnet.
 I assume this is what you are both referring to and I appreciate the information.  I will
look into testing with this.

Thanks,
Todd

-----Original Message-----
From: Cliff Jansen [mailto:cliffjansen@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, February 27, 2012 11:51 AM
To: users@qpid.apache.org
Subject: Re: Help with .net Qpid client

Hi Todd,

Chuck was referring to the .NET binding.  There are two separate .NET offerings in Qpid:

  - The Qpid WCF client
(//http://qpid.apache.org/books/0.14/Programming-In-Apache-Qpid/html/ch04.html)

  - The .NET Binding for the C++ Messaging Client
(http://qpid.apache.org/books/0.14/Programming-In-Apache-Qpid/html/ch05.html)

Use the WCF if you have a preference for using the WCF framework or require distributed transactions
managed by MSDTC.  It is available from http://www.riverace.com/qpid/downloads.htm, or you
can build it from scratch.

The .NET binding currently enjoys the most active support within Qpid and gains synergy from
the Qpid messaging API work in some of the other clients.  It is available from and supported
by Red Hat.  You can also build it yourself using the recipe in README-winsdk.txt as a guide.

Cliff

On Mon, Feb 27, 2012 at 8:30 AM, Todd Herman <todd@apx-labs.com> wrote:
> Thanks Chuck.  Are you referring to the WCF project?  I saw that but didn't look at
it because the documentation pointed to the DLL and not the WCF.  It sounds like that is
what you are referring to.  If so, I will definitely take a closer look.

the mailing list at http://www.mail-archive.com/dev@qpid.apache.org/msg15189.html . The qpid/dotnet
and qpid/ruby projects had become stale due to lack of maintenance.

> They are replaced by bindings that layer on top of the C++ Messaging client. See trunk/qpid/doc/dev-readme/QPID-Component-README.pdf
for a diagram of how the various bindings are laid out in source code and in run-time library
linkage.