qpid-users mailing list archives

From Praveen M <lefthandma...@gmail.com>
Subject Qpid Java Broker High Availability solution?
Date Sat, 14 Jan 2012 01:47:29 GMT
Hi,

   Are there any java broker high availability/clustering solutions that
are currently present? I tried googling around and didn't find anything to
my luck.

Can you please suggest a HA strategy that you've used working with the Qpid
Java Broker?

I found a Message Federation design proposal document, but I'm guessing
it's not implemented yet (Please correct me if I'm wrong).

I plan to spin off two brokers on two different machines and use a failover
connection model to route messages to one if the other goes down. This
works well for message enqueues.
But still, I'd run the risk of not being able to process the messages in
the broker that just went down (until it's back up). It will be nice to
know if someone had solved a similar problem by other
strategies/solutions available with the broker.

Also, has someone tried replicating the database used for
the persistent store to solve this problem (BDB/Derby ?)

Please do share your experience in this area.

Thank you,
--
-Praveen