qpid-users mailing list archives

From "Kalle" <ka...@airdice.com>
Subject Uncanny differences
Date Fri, 13 Jan 2012 05:19:02 GMT
Hi,

Java client, cpp broker.

When I do (a bit of a pseudocode here, I'll post with actual examples if necessary)

Topic t = session.createtopic("yyy");
MessagePublisher p = session.createPublisher(t);

MessageSubscriber s = session.createSubscriber(t);

things work. But when I do:

Topic t = session.createtopic("xxx/yyy");
MessagePublisher p = session.createPublisher(t);

MessageSubscriber s = session.createSubscriber(t);

they don't. What I see is that when I define my topic with a /, in order to use my own exchange,
not all consumers get my messages. Messages seem to go to just one consumer (which ever got
the message first). This would mean that they are in fact listening in a totally different
pattern, than in the first case (topic with default exchange).

Why does it work like this? Is this a bug, or a feature I've yet to learn to like? :)

--
Kalle