qpid-users mailing list archives

From Andy Goldstein <agold...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Differences between Message classes in Qpid C++ API
Date Thu, 26 Jan 2012 12:44:19 GMT
The qpid::client API is an older API that is more closely tied to the inner-workings of the
AMQP 0-10 protocol.

The qpid::messaging API is newer and is generally recommended as the API to use for new development
effort.  It is designed to abstract away from protocol-specific details.  This will allow
the API to support newer versions of the AMQP protocol without needing major modifications
going forward.

Hope this helps,
Andy

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org