qpid-users mailing list archives

From Fraser Adams <fraser.ad...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: Headers message filtering
Date Thu, 12 Jan 2012 20:02:37 GMT
Hi there,
It looks to me like your address syntax is wrong.

A destination that I tend to use for playing around with the headers
exchange is:

testqueue; {create: receiver, node: {x-declare: {arguments:
{'qpid.policy_type': ring, 'qpid.max_size': 500000000}}, x-bindings:
[{exchange: 'amq.match', queue: 'testqueue', key: 'data1', arguments:
{x-match: all, data-service: amqp-delivery, item-owner: fadams}}]}}

that address creates a binding with a key called data1 (for headers
exchange the key is really just a handle) and the binding matches if the
header data-service=amqp-delivery and the header item-owner=fadams. The
x-match: all means that every header must match -e.g. it's effectively a
logical AND.

your x-bindings say

x-bindings:[{queue:generated, exchange:myexchange, arguments:{'x-match':matchkey,'type':'matchvalue'}}]

the value of x-match should be all or any so at the very least that bit
is wrong.

I'm afraid I'm not that familiar with spout and drain so I wouldn't know
if you've got the right syntax for that I'm afraid.

As I say the address I've given you definitely works for the properties
mentioned so one option is to start from there and change the values for
what you actually need.

As an aside rather frustratingly qpid-config - b queues isn't that
useful for the headers exchange (it just displays the binding key and
not the arguments). Gordon Sim put together a patch, hopefully it's on
track to make it in to Qpid 0.14 (it's only a four line change and is
really useful for anyone who used the headers exchange)

HTH
Frase