qpid-users mailing list archives

From Fraser Adams <fraser.ad...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: C++ and Java brokers
Date Thu, 05 Jan 2012 19:27:58 GMT
Thanks Rob.
I really need to have a play with the Java broker some time - I do like the C++ broker though
:-)

Re "

Having spent the best part of an afternoon just trying to get the C++
broker and store to build on my Ubuntu 11.10 machine... that is certainly a
huge convenience :-)
"

I don't suppose that you came across my post on a related subject?

http://qpid.2158936.n2.nabble.com/qpid-0-12-make-fails-on-Linux-Mint-12-I-think-derived-from-Ubuntu-11-10-td7140482.html

Were the issues you were seeing related to that (e.g. linker issues caused by ld changes).

I've raised a Jira

With a patch.

Have you seen any other issues beyond that? I've not tried the store yet, but I'm expecting
similar. If you've got any additions that would help Ubuntu/Mint folks then could you add
them to the Jira to make sure they get tracked.

"that is certainly a huge convenience :-)" is an understatement :-D boy was I cursing when
I upgraded my Linux box after Xmas to find I couldn't build qpid - bang went my "list of things
to do" :-)

Frase.

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org