qpid-users mailing list archives

From Ted Ross <tr...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: QMF raising event when defaut binding is created?
Date Tue, 03 Jan 2012 13:48:36 GMT
Pavel,

The creation of the default binding is a side-effect of creating a queue
(as is the deletion of the binding when the queue is deleted).  The
event is not raised because it is implied as always occurring after the
creation of a queue.

-Ted

On 01/03/2012 05:03 AM, Pavel Moravec wrote:
> Hi all,
> I realized that currently QMF does not raise an event when a default binding is created
(by "default binding" I mean a binding of type "{exchange:'', queue:<queuename>, key:<queuename>}"
that is created automatically when a queue is created).

> To check that behavior, let subscribe to "qmf.default.topic/agent.ind.event.org_apache_qpid_broker.bind.#"
and create a queue - no message will be send to the subscription. Any other binding crated
is notified by sending a message to the subscription.

> My question is: is that a inconsistency that shall be fixed or a desired behavior?
>
> The answer might not be so plain as the '' exchange and the "default bindings" are rather
hacks to allow sending messages to queues directly. So while technically the defualt bindings
are a real bindings, logically they are not.