qpid-users mailing list archives

From techguy911 <techguy...@gmail.com>
Subject Headers message filtering
Date Thu, 12 Jan 2012 18:39:25 GMT
I'm trying to filter by message properties using a headers exchange but no
luck.  To help with troubleshooting, I broke the problem down to standard
QPID command lines.

#Create the exchange
qpid-config add exchange headers myexchange
#Bind to a queue with a property filter
qpid-config bind myexchange myqueue mykey all matchkey=matchvalue

#In terminal A, setup a non-filtered test drain
./drain -f myexchange

#In terminal B, setup a drain on the bound queue
./drain -f myqueue

#In terminal C, setup an auto-generated queue bound to the exchange
./drain -f "generated; {create:always, node: {type: queue,
x-declare:{auto-delete:'False', exchange:myexchange, type:headers},
x-bindings:[{queue:generated, exchange:myexchange,
arguments:{'x-match':matchkey,'type':'matchvalue'}}]}}"

#In terminal D, send the message
./spout --content "testcontent" --property "matchkey=matchvalue" myexchange

I see messages coming across on Terminal A
Message(properties={matchkey:matchvalue,
spout-id:eef6a0ea-a21b-42db-8dac-7deafd40fceb:0, x-amqp-0-10.routing-key:},
content='testcontent')

Nothing on B or C.