qpid-users mailing list archives

From Kim van der Riet <kim.vdr...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: How to clear the Journal so I can restart C++ Broker?
Date Fri, 02 Dec 2011 13:30:23 GMT
Using the --help parameter (with the store loaded) will show the store
options. If you start the broker with the --log-enable info+ option, it
will give you some useful information on the store (as well as other
workings of the broker). Take note of where it reports that the store is
located on broker startup:

2011-12-02 07:22:01 notice Store module initialized; store-dir=/data/store

To destroy the store and start again, simply remove all the contents of
this directory before you start the broker ("rm -rf /data/store/*" for
the example above)

You can also start the broker with the "--truncate yes".

The default store size is set using the --num-jfiles and
--jfile-size-pgs options. The python Qmf tools can be used to create
individual queues with stores that are different from the default set on
the broker command-line.

The --jfile-size-pgs option sets the file size in multiples of 64 KiB,
so to get a byte value for each file, multiply the parameter by 64 KiB
to get the final size. The default value is 24.

The default value for --num-jfiles is 8.

To get the total store size, multiply as follows (in this case for the
default values):

each file: 24 pages * (64 * 1024) bytes/page = 1572864 bytes (~1.5MB)
total per-queue store size: 1572864 * 8 files = 12582912 bytes (~12MB)

As a rule of thumb for non-transactional messages, keep the store at
least twice the size of your maximum expected message depth.