qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Irving <gordon.irv...@sophos.com>
Subject RE: Corosync crashes after a few minutes
Date Mon, 21 Nov 2011 23:22:10 GMT
If the router does not talk multicast or have igmp snooping enabled then any multicast traffic
received is commonly treated as broadcast as a fail open strategy.  It possibly depends on
the switch though, all that I have encountered if incorrectly configured blat multicast over
the entire network.

It is possible to configure totem(the corosync protocol) to use unicast udp traffic instead
of multicast as multicast can be hard to get right in many environments (large enterprise
with many different vendor switch equipment of varying ages over say a lab running off a single
managed switch).

HTH
Gordon

Sophos Limited, The Pentagon, Abingdon Science Park, Abingdon, OX14 3YP, United Kingdom.
Company Reg No 2096520. VAT Reg No GB 991 2418 08.

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org