qpid-users mailing list archives

From Cliff Jansen <cliffjan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: C++ broker compilation on Sparc Solaris 10
Date Tue, 01 Nov 2011 17:27:51 GMT
Yes, as Steve said, I am working on a generic Posix poller.

It runs "make test" on Linux, and builds on Solaris with gcc, but it
is not yet debugged in that environment.  I will try to post a patch
later today after I have checked for Qpid C++ style violations.  This
will also get some eyeballs on it in review board.

It appears that the older ECFPoller  code was cut and pasted from the
EpollPoller code, optimistically hoping that the specialized Solaris
and Linux calls were nearly identical in effect.  That may be true,
but it was never debugged and put to the test, and the EpollPoller has
evolved since then, so if one wanted to try build a more scalable
poller for Solaris, it would probably be best to start afresh.

Cliff