qpid-users mailing list archives

From Robbie Gemmell <robbie.gemm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: SSL connection problems from rabbitMQ client
Date Thu, 10 Nov 2011 21:20:54 GMT
Hi Joe,

I just tried out connecting the RabbitMQ client using SSL to the
latest trunk revision of the Java broker, and it seemed to work ok
(well, it did make me notice that when we changed IO layers for the
broker and some protocols for the client recently that we missed a
limitation of SSLSocket that mean ConnectionClose currently generates
a nice stacktrace...but other than that, it works). Deliberately
making the client connect to the brokers 'plain' port failed as
expected, as did setting the client not to use SSL and connecting it
to the brokers SSL port. As well as the simpler 'no verification'
example you were using, I used an exapanded example based on those at
http://www.rabbitmq.com/ssl.html (the Java broker doesnt currently
support validating client certificates so I removed those bits).

Could you share how you are configuring the broker, and creating your
certificates? I used the broker keystore and client truststore we use
in our tests, which are located at
qpid/java/test-profiles/test_resources/ssl/java_broker_keystore.jks
and qpid/java/test-profiles/test_resources/ssl/java_client_truststore.jks
in a checkout of our trunk
(http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/qpid/trunk/)

Regards,
Robbie