qpid-users mailing list archives

From Robbie Gemmell <robbie.gemm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: What is the memory footprint of an Apache qpid queue?
Date Mon, 07 Nov 2011 23:25:08 GMT
I took a look at this and was seeing times in line with what you
observed (higher on one PC, lower on another). After some digging and
making a change based on a resulting hunch, I managed to roughly half
the times I was seeing on the faster machine. A small part of the
reduced times is indeed still spent on the stuff I mentioned below
that I dont think is always required, so hopefully that can be
optimised down the line once the addressing code is rewritten and thus
further reduce the times.

I'd like to properly investigate the impact of the change I made
before I actually say what it is and then see whether we decide it
goes in as the default or not (you would be able to configure it
either way). I probably wont get to finish looking at it for another
few days, but I thought I'd let you know I have something in mind.

Robbie

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org