qpid-users mailing list archives

From Robbie Gemmell <robbie.gemm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Is there a overhead to priority queues?
Date Tue, 29 Nov 2011 19:47:16 GMT
I dont think the performance difference has ever been quantified, but
it will ultimately depend on exactly what you are doing. For example,
for persistent messaging it probably makes little difference to
performance due to the critical path being the storage, but for purely
transient messaging its likely to introduce some degredation. In terms
of memory use the priority queue contains multiple list structures in
its implementation instead of just one, but those are pretty tiny so I
dont expect youd really notice even with the extreme number of queues
that have been mentioned previously. There is no difference on the
client side really.

Robbie

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org