qpid-users mailing list archives

From Robbie Gemmell <robbie.gemm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: SSL connection problems from rabbitMQ client
Date Tue, 08 Nov 2011 20:16:04 GMT
Put simply, SSL support in the broker wasnt functional until after
0.12 was finalised. It was fixed as part of the development stream for
0.14, which branched from trunk a few days ago for release in around a
month.

You will need to use a non-release version if you want to make it work
in the mean time. You can get a nightly release build of the current
trunk broker at the following URL if you want to at least try it out:
https://builds.apache.org/view/M-R/view/Qpid/job/Qpid-Java-Release/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/trunk/qpid/java/broker/release/

Robbie

On 8 November 2011 19:42, Joe Porto <Joe.Porto@agilex.com> wrote:
> I am running the .12 release of a java qpid broker.  I am trying to access it via a
rabbitmq java client.  When not using SSL, this works well and I am able to send and receive
a msg on the client. When I enable SSL and try to connect to the SSL port on the broker, I
get a SocketTimeOutException on the client side.  Tracing through the rabbitMQ code – it
looks like this occurs when the client tries sending just the AMQP header.  On the qpid broker,
this error is thrown in the log:

> ERROR [MINANetworkDriver(Acceptor)-15] (MINANetworkDriver.java:315) - Exception thrown
and no ProtocolEngine to handle it
> java.lang.NullPointerException
> at org.apache.qpid.transport.network.mina.MINANetworkDriver.messageReceived(MINANetworkDriver.java:337)
> at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain$TailFilter.messageReceived(AbstractIoFilterChain.java:703)
> at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain.callNextMessageReceived(AbstractIoFilterChain.java:362)
> at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain.access$1200(AbstractIoFilterChain.java:54)
> at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain$EntryImpl$1.messageReceived(AbstractIoFilterChain.java:800)
> at org.apache.mina.filter.executor.ExecutorFilter.processEvent(ExecutorFilter.java:243)
> at org.apache.mina.filter.executor.ExecutorFilter$ProcessEventsRunnable.run(ExecutorFilter.java:305)
> at edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:665)
> at edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:690)

> My sample client code looks like this: (the client hangs on factory.newConnection();,
and eventually the socket times out)

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org