qpid-users mailing list archives

From Carl Trieloff <cctriel...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: soap over QPid?
Date Wed, 09 Nov 2011 15:49:07 GMT

Sure,

It is quite common to use SOAP over JMS, then is just a matter of
configuring the cxf client to use our JMS provider at which point you
get SOAP over AMQP.

I also know of projects use google protocol buffer or SOAP with the
other Qpid bindings. However I do want to also point out that using the
new mapped message support in most cases is simpler, requires less
integration and gives you all the benefits of using something like SOAP
as the payload format without all the pain.

i.e. take a serious look at the AMQP mapped message support also in
Qpid. It uses the AMQP type system and works across languages, clients etc.

Carl.

On 11/09/2011 09:56 AM, Kimberly Palko wrote:
> Really?  Can you give me an example because I get asked about SOAP and REST from the
SA's pretty frequently.