qpid-users mailing list archives

From Fraser Adams <fraser.ad...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject Re: slow with sync
Date Fri, 04 Nov 2011 13:08:13 GMT
surya prakash wrote:
> HI,
>     I am not using any encrypted file systems ,it is normal one only if it
> is problem with file system in the case of Asynchronous durable sending
> will be fast but receiving should be slow that is not happening. Some thing
> else i am missing only the case synchronous durable i need in my project
> ,Please give me one solution for this if it is solved means i can complete
> my project.
>
> Best Regards,
> surya

So are you saying that you are definitely using a local, non-encrypted,
non-networked bog standard ext3 file system (it is a linux build of Qpid
you're runningi isn't it?). The persistent results I posted earlier were
on my laptop using its internal IDE drive and my non persistent results
were largely comparable to yours - sounds like Gordon is seeing similar
results on his laptop.

Without knowing more about your set-up I'm stumped. have you checked
dmesg etc. to rule out a flaky disk? Have you got access to another host
to see if you can reproduce the test there? Is it a physical host you
are using or a virtual machine?

What other activity is going on on the filesystem you're writing to -
presumably you've checked that there is no other I/O going on when
you're running your test? What is top saying as you're running the test
with strange results?

Frase

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org