qpid-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: ring queues
Date Wed, 02 Nov 2011 15:31:22 GMT
On 11/02/2011 03:23 PM, Wisler, Trina wrote:
> Yes, the client was subscribed to the queue I was simply preventing
> it from processing messages. Basically my call to listen would be
> delayed until I was ready for it to start consuming - but it had
> already called declareQueue and subscribeQueue, etc..

Ok, that is likely the issue. What SubscriptionSettings did you use?

The default settings gives the broker unlimited credit which means it
can send as many messages as it can. Ss the messages are published they
are delivered to the client and queued up by the library waiting to be
processed. The fact that they are then dequeued by subsequent
publications doesn't alter this.

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org