qpid-users mailing list archives

From "Wisler, Trina" <Trina.Wis...@hp.com>
Subject durable queues and routing
Date Tue, 29 Nov 2011 16:22:29 GMT
Hi all,

We have a federated network of C++ brokers setup.  When a message is produced, it will generally
go through several layers of brokers before it is consumed by a client.  We have setup ring
queues for the client so that its queue at the final layers doesn't get too backed up.  The
problem we are having is with our bridge queues at lower levels when we have 1000's of messages
going through per second (for generally short periods of time, but not always).  The bridge
queues will back up and ultimately get deleted.  These bridge queues are setup directly through
the routing command (qpid-route route add ....).  They are not recreated after being deleted.
 I don't believe we can create these as durable queues explicitly through qpid-route as not
all messages are routed to the same places throughout the hierarchy - it all depends on what
the routing key is.   And it would appear that creating a queue in this manner suggests that
ALL messages go from one place to the other since I am unable to specify a routing key.  If
I am misunderstanding this piece, please clarify.

My question is this : can I make it so the bridge queues can automatically be recreated after
being destroyed?  If one of the brokers goes down, we will automatically reestablish routes
when it comes back up, but I need to cover the case where the queue is dropped for whatever
reason, yet the infrastructure remains active.

Thanks,
Trina Wisler