qpid-users mailing list archives

From "Wisler, Trina" <Trina.Wis...@hp.com>
Subject RE: ring queues
Date Wed, 02 Nov 2011 15:53:26 GMT
That is very interesting.  I was not aware of this behavior.  We are using all default setting
for everything other than trying to implement the ring queues for the declareQueue call (again,
very simple example just trying to test behavior).

Thank you for your replies.  I am interested in this buffering behavior in terms of buffering
limits (how many messages get buffered, if there are setting that I can change that would
affect this, etc.).

Thanks again!
Trina

-----Original Message-----
From: Gordon Sim [mailto:gsim@redhat.com]
Sent: Wednesday, November 02, 2011 8:31 AM
To: users@qpid.apache.org
Subject: Re: ring queues

On 11/02/2011 03:23 PM, Wisler, Trina wrote:
> Yes, the client was subscribed to the queue I was simply preventing
> it from processing messages. Basically my call to listen would be
> delayed until I was ready for it to start consuming - but it had
> already called declareQueue and subscribeQueue, etc..

Ok, that is likely the issue. What SubscriptionSettings did you use?

The default settings gives the broker unlimited credit which means it
can send as many messages as it can. Ss the messages are published they
are delivered to the client and queued up by the library waiting to be
processed. The fact that they are then dequeued by subsequent
publications doesn't alter this.

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org