qpid-users mailing list archives

From dmounessa <dmoune...@yahoo.com>
Subject Managing the qpidd_data/rhm/jrnl/* files
Date Thu, 17 Nov 2011 19:51:40 GMT
I have created queues with durable property and it seems to work.

Questions:

1. If I am sending messages of up to 100K Bytes to the queue,
    do I need to configure the persistent queues differently, or will it
work as is?

2. When does the data gets removed from the store
    is it right after it was delivered to the client?

3. Do I need to maintain these files - delete them?
   i.e as long as my queues are usable, do I need to do any thing with
these?

4. Will the data gets saved until there is no disc-space if there are no
listeners
    and under what conditions it will stop saving on the Queue.

5. If there are no space on disk, will the sender get exception?

/usr/bin/qpid-config queues
Queue Name                     Attributes
NODE0                          --durable

./qpidd_data/rhm/jrnl/0011> ls -l NODE0
total 12356
-rw-r----- 1 qpidd qpidd 1573376 Nov 17 13:04 JournalData.0000.jdat
-rw-r----- 1 qpidd qpidd 1573376 Nov 17 06:42 JournalData.0001.jdat